Cross-Platform and Cross-Browser Compatibility
A product or service is considered compatible with a platform if it works as intended and expected on said platform. Achieving compatibility could mean testing across hardware, such as different devices from several different brands. Or you may be anticipating a large disparity in operating systems across your user-base.
At Black Box, we strive to ensure compatibility, marrying modern web standards and practices with you and your customers’ expectations. If we know a portion of your users will be using a particular device or certain version of an operating system, we’ll work with you to plan a development track optimized to providing the best experience possible.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Compatibility testing is one of the most important aspects of development. If your product is built around a platform your users don’t take advantage of, or was designed with outdated technologies which are no longer relevant or accessible to your users, all of the features in the world will still result in a poor experience and unhappy customers.
Scenarios like these are exactly why we prioritize cross-browser and cross-platform testing.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Cross-Platform and Cross-Browser Compatibility service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, consulting, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon any resource or technology necessary in order to satisfy all core requirements.
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Cross-Platform and Cross-Browser Compatibility service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.
Until now online monument designers could only create color pictures, which must be redrawn by CAD artists at your manufacturer. Design Mart has removed the unnecessary wait for approval drawings to be returned to the retailer by allowing you to create a color image, which can actually be a production-ready CAD file for cutting sandblast stencil. Another unique feature is the ability to change and display the side and top of the monument rather than only displaying the front.