Scientific visualization is primarily concerned with the visualization of three-dimensional phenomena (architectural, meteorological, medical, biological, etc.), where the emphasis is on realistic renderings of volumes, surfaces, illumination sources, and so forth, perhaps with a dynamic (time) component. It is also considered a branch of computer science that is a subset of computer graphics.
The purpose of scientific visualization is to graphically illustrate scientific data to enable scientists to understand, illustrate, and glean insight from their data. Black Box provides the Scientific Visualization service to assist or lead work and projects related to computer animation, computer simulation, information visualization, interface technology and perception, surface rendering, volume rendering, and volume visualization.
Why It’s Valuable and How It’s Beneficial
Black Box staffs mathematics and computational theory Ph.D.s highly experienced in understanding, visualizing, developing, and improving scientific data systems, visualizations, and techniques.
What You Purchase and Receive
The Scientific Visualization service provides you with the following development, reports, documentation, source materials, consulting, and implementations:
- Software development for creating, integrating, or building upon the following technologies: computer graphics, computer animations, computer-generated imagery, computer simulations, information visualizations, mathematical modeling, and rendering
- Complete code base containing all design and implementation source code
- Source code used for corresponding unit testing
- Software Verification and Validation Report (SVVR): A report containing the results of the verification and validation testing, which provides a full breakdown of the verified correctness and completion of all core requirements within corresponding specification and design documentation.
- Software and User Documentation: Written text that accompanies computer software that explains how the software operates, how it is used, and acts as the user manual for system administrators and support staff.
How Much It Will Cost
The cost of our Scientific Visualization service is determined based on your deadlines and expectations, and the amount of time and effort necessary to provide the deliverables guaranteed by our service level expectations.
How We Will Work Together
All research materials, information, and documentation will be maintained, compiled, and stored by Programming and Application Services, and directly accessible over secure channels or through Black Box secure systems. Private Black Box accounts are created and assigned to our clients as soon as work begins, providing them with limited access to information and documentation related to ongoing design and development requiring client feedback or input.
KitBox is designed to facilitate data analyses by creating easy-to-use, feature-rich widgets from various data sources. One of the more significant advantages to KitBox is not having to worry about complex transformations, intricate formats, or hours of data preparation.